Friday, October 23, 2009

How does my Garden Grow?



Besides whats pictured above, the Straight Eight Cucumbers are sprouting!

The Nasturtiums  have nearly doubled in size.  Amazing.  Now I'm sure that the plant at the base of my Lime tree is NOT a Nasturtium, but a weed, I mean, native plant.

Amazingly enough, the transplanted radishes seem to be doing fine.  No special treatment here, these guys are pretty hardy.  I just plucked out a few from the over crowded bunch, and stuck them in the ground over there.  Radishes are my friends!

The Fennel popped thru in a bunch of places today.  At least I'm pretty sure its the Fennel.  Last year's subscription to White Rabbit Farm got me hooked on growing my own lettuce, and Fennel added so much flavor!

The Broccoli & Kale transplants are getting their first true leaves.  As well as the Red Cabbage transplants from the same batch.

The Chives look like a little patch of grass.  They'll be so pretty when they grow up.

The Honey Bees are still visiting for water.  It rained a little yesterday, so I only saw one at this morning's watering.

The Delicata may have popped thru first, but the Butternut has outgrown them overnight.

The Romaine is starting to get curly.  Isn't it cute?

And my Companion Planting Experiment is going along.  I'm afraid its too crowded, and the Tomato seems to be loosing the competition.  Maybe I should have called it Competitive Planting.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment