Wednesday, October 21, 2009

My Garden is Blooming! Well, Germinating...







Pretty much everything that I planted has come up! What a great feeling. I hope I haven't planted too much in too small of a space.... I guess time will tell.


I think that is maybe the carrots next to the Tomatoes & Radishes. And maybe Spinach coming up looks a lot like like grass? The Radishes came up a little thick, and when I pulled a few, they looked like they still had decent roots, so I tried transplanting them near the Nasturtiums. So far so good.

The peas are looking great, but I'm a little worried about my tomatoes. I wonder if they're being overpowered by all the new stuff I planted. I hope they're going to be alright. We love tomatoes!

I also stuck some cucumber seeds in yesterday. The guides for this area say they should have been started in Septemeber, and again in January. We'll see how they do.

The Nasturtiums poked thru today, as well as the Butternut squash. The Delicata came up yesterday, and are quite a lot bigger today, already.

The Radicchio was a little lonely row yesterday. The Swiss Chard hadn't made an appearance yet, but today here they are.

Bees are coming to visit too. I think they're drinking the water. I've been watering 2-3 times a day, to give my seeds a good start. I love my watering hose. About 2 minutes and the garden is pretty much flooded. It makes it so easy to be successful.





Can you see my baby red cabbage? This was brilliant (if I do say so myself). I started them just a couple days ago in a "thin mint" package. I poked holes in it, added soil & the red cabbage seeds. Then (and this is the brilliant part), I set them in a tray of water that was almost as deep as the soil. The seeds were continuously wet. It worked like a charm!



No comments:

Post a Comment